May 7, 2011

Opening Day

Welcome to the Superintendent’s Blog for Pine Orchard Yacht & Country Club.  This is a new communication tool that I will use to keep the members informed and educated regarding course conditions and maintenance practices, and more importantly how they will impact your golf experience. 
The posts will offer a variety of information including my own personal thoughts and observations, descriptions of maintenance practices, and in the moment updates regarding course conditions.  I will provide detailed explanations about the nature and necessity of our cultural practices including greens aeration and topdressing.  Less formal updates will describe how the course is recovering from maintenance practices, or holding up to extreme weather conditions.
By signing up as a follower you will be alerted each time an update is posted, and you will be able to add comments that provide feedback or ask for more information.  The archive provides a historical record of posts that you can revisit to learn how our programs and the conditions they produce evolve over time.
 I hope you will find this information interesting and useful, and I encourage you to participate by sharing your thoughts and ideas so that I will have a better understanding of how the maintenance operation affects your ability to enjoy your time on the golf course.
I am grateful to everyone who has gone out of their way to welcome me to Pine Orchard and look forward to meeting many more of you over the course of the season.  I am very excited about the coming season, and look forward to seeing you on the golf course.

No comments: