June 25, 2011

Patience pays off

I am pleased to report that giving the greens a brief rest at the beginning of the week has paid off. The majority of the Member/Member participants are very pleased with the condition of the greens. At the beginning of this mornings round the greens were very smooth and pretty quick. In fact, according to the CBS coverage of the Travelers Championship, our greens were as fast, and in some cases faster than the pros were putting on today. Unfortunately the persistent rain made them softer than I would like, but everyone I talked to was more than understanding.
I want to thank everyone that offered their kind words and support, and congratulate my crew for a job well done. I am looking forward to the conditions tomorrow now that the sun has come out, and the guys are catching up on some work we had to postpone due to the wet conditions on Friday.

Pete Gorman
Golf Course Superintendent
Pine Orchard Yacht & Country Club
Branford, CT